Resources for Buyers
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home
- Check Your Credit – Your credit is crucial when applying for a loan; the better your score, the lower your interest rates will be. Be sure to check all three major credit reporting companies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion as the information in each report may vary slightly. Make sure you make copies of your credit report as well, and check your score well in advance of applying for loans.
- Find a Lender – Most people need to take out a loan when buying a home, and you’ll want to be prepared to make an offer when you find that perfect home. It can be helpful to have your preapproval ready when you start looking at homes so you don’t miss out on any opportunities. If you have your financial info handy, it is a quick process. If you need help finding a lender, We can recommend trusted lenders for you.
- Price Range – Calculate what’s realistic for you before considering different areas to live in to be sure things stay within your budget. Once you know your range, We can help you make the most out of your money.
- Research – Finding the right home can be time consuming, but it’s important to consider everything before you decide. What’s the commute like to work? If you have kids, what are the schools like in the area? Our team keeps up to date with the latest public school ratings and how they trend over time. Where do you want your bedrooms and bathrooms? What types of floorplans work best for your family? Do you prefer a newer or older styled home? All are important factors to take into account during the home finding process.
- Expertise – We are dedicated to helping you through the entire home buying process. Having viewed countless “fixeruppers” as investors, we can help identify potential inspection problems in any home before you make an offer and provide reasonable estimates of future costs associated with these perils in addition to anticipating how a seller might react. We are not here to try to sell you on any particular house. We just want to find the best home for you. Once we find that perfect home, we will prepare a written offer. With our experience in the market, we can help you make an offer that both fits your budget and gets you your ideal home.
- Once Your Offer is Accepted – After your offer is accepted, you’ll have the house professionally inspected and we will advise you along the way of what should be of particular interest and how it might affect you in the years to come. Then we will make your repair and/or credit requests and work towards negotiating the best solutions with the seller. Once this step is complete, you’re pretty much just doing the final papework and getting ready to move. We’re here to assist you with any questions you may have during the process. Once this step is complete, you’re pretty much just doing the final papework and getting ready to move. We’re here to assist you with any questions you may have during the process.
- Moving Time! – Now that you’ve found your perfect home it’s time to make moving arrangements. If you plan on utilizing a professional moving company, We can recommend reputable, local movers. Don’t forget to fill out your change of address forms and inform the utility company of your move!